Terms and conditions
- The competition was devised by PhD student and Data Impact Fellow, Ben Brindle, and is organised with support from the UK Data Service Impact team.
- The competition is open to sixth form and college students aged 16 to 19 in the UK.
- To enter the competition, students can write a short piece of analysis (500 to 750 words) and produce a campaign design in accordance with the competition brief. You are free to be creative with how you design the campaign. For example, you could produce a 2 minute video or audio recording that features interviews about different people’s views on immigration, or produce a campaign poster that challenges people’s perceptions.
- All entries must be in English.
- Only one entry per participant is permitted. Entries must be an original piece of work written solely by the participant.
- Entries must not contain obscene, defamatory, offensive or any other unsuitable material. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify such entries.
- Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants should include ‘Competition entry’ in the Subject line of the email, and in the body of the email provide their name, age, and sixth form/college name. This information is for the organisers’ records only, and will not be given to the judging panel.
- Entries can be submitted in the following file formats: Microsoft Word document, Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, image (JPEG or PNG only).
If the file size is over 1 Mb, please use WeTransfer to submit your competition entry.
- Entries must be submitted by 23:59 on Sunday 3 April 2022.
- We plan to publish the winning entry on the Data Impact blog. We will confirm permissions with all relevant parties prior to publication.
- Entrants may withdraw their submission up until the competition deadline. Please email email@example.com should you wish to withdraw your entry.
- The UK Data Service Impact team will support the shortlisting of entries. The final shortlist will be judged and winners will be picked by experts from the field.
- Prizes, as detailed on the competition homepage, will be awarded to the winner and runners up, who will be contacted in Spring 2022. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel the competition at any stage.