Advice for new users
How to get data and access information
- Which categories of data are most suitable for me
- What download and data formats are available
- What data can I get?
- How to download and order your data
- Types of data access
- How can I use data from the UK Data Service for my project?
- FAQs about how to get data and our access policy
- Can I request specific variables or subsets of data
- Output release checklist for researchers
- What is the UK Data Service SecureLab?
- Who can apply to access SecureLab?
- COVID-19: Application changes to SecureLab during the pandemic
- General SecureLab FAQs
- Project roles and different requirements
- Training requirements to access SecureLab
- Changes to your project after approval
- Completing the Secure Access User Agreement
- SecureLab application turnaround times
- What is the Five Safes framework?
Different types of data
Exploring data online
How to deposit data
Searching for data
- COVID-19: General FAQs
- COVID-19: Accessing SecureLab FAQs
- COVID-19: Permitted non-ONS datasets and changes to SecureLab
- COVID-19: Permitted ONS datasets and changes to SecureLab
- COVID-19: Special licence FAQs and permitted datasets
- COVID-19: What additional non-ONS access criteria must I follow?
- COVID-19: Service changes
Other data providers
Contact our helpdesk
If you are still unable to find the information you need in our website, please complete the short form to contact our helpdesk and user support services.