Department for Transport
The Department for Transport (DfT) works with its agencies and partners to support the transport network that helps the UK’s businesses and gets people and goods travelling around the country.They plan and invest in transport infrastructure to keep the UK on the move.
DfT sponsor regular large-scale surveys including:
- Road Accident Data, 1985-
- Survey of Mortgage Lenders, 1992-
- National Travel Survey, 1972-
- National Speed Surveys, 1983-1987
- Long Distance Travel Survey, 1973-1979
We work closely with the DfT and the data producers to ensure timely sharing of data.