Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
The Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) is the principal source of official statistics and social research on Northern Ireland´s population and socio-economic conditions. The statistics produced by the Agency inform the policy process within Government, research within Academia and contribute to debate in the wider community.
NISRA produces of a wide range of statistics covering the UK economy, society and other key areas. Regular surveys and census data include:
- Northern Ireland Multiple Deprivation Measures, 2001-
- Young People’s Behaviour and Attitudes Surveys, 2000-
- Community Attitudes Survey, 1992-
- Northern Ireland Health and Social Wellbeing Survey, 1997-
- 1991 Census Sample of Anonymised Records (SARs)
- Northern Ireland Continuous Household Survey, 1983-
- Northern Ireland Family Expenditure Survey, 1968-1998
- Census Interaction Data, 1981, 1991 and 2001: Migration and Workplace Statistics
Since the early 1970s, the UK Data Service and its predecessors have worked closely with NISRA to ensure the deposit of many of its major survey series.