Instructions on registering
If you are a student or member of staff at a UK institution of higher or further education (UK HE/FE), your institution is most likely a member of the UK Access Management Federation (UKAMF), which means you can register using the username and password issued to you by your institution.
To register with the UK Data Service via federated access:
- Click ‘Register‘
- On the Login page begin typing your organisation name and it should be automatically generated*
- Select the organisation required
- Click ‘Continue’
- Your own organisation login page will then be displayed. Login with your usual username and password
- Complete the registration form with your details, selecting other options as required
- Agree to the End User Licence (EUL), which outlines the terms and conditions of use of the Service
- Click ‘Register’.
Once registration is complete, you will be able to download or request access to data from us.
*If your organisation doesn’t appear on the list, please follow the registration guidance in How to register if you are not a UK academic user.