Realising the Potential of Research Data event, 5.30 – 8.30pm 1 February 2018
We are delighted to announce the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the UK Data Service are jointly holding a data impact and networking event in London on the evening of 1 February 2018.
Hosted by Sarah Henry, Director for Methods, Data and Research at ONS and Matthew Woollard, Director of the UK Data Service, a panel of data experts will explore how we embrace the data revolution to respond to the social and economic challenges facing the UK.
Chaired by Robert Cuffe, Head of statistics at the BBC, the panel includes:
- Rebecca Riley from the Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence, whose research interests include employment, productivity, the UK economy and policy evaluation.
- Ben Jupp, Social Finance, who uses administrative data to understand the needs of vulnerable groups in order to support the development and management of services.
- Dr. George Windsor, Tech City UK, who leads on research and insights into tech talent, skills and mapping emerging tech activity.
- Conor D’Arcy, Resolution Foundation, who focuses on labour market issues such as minimum wage and pay progression.
- Anna Leach, Confederation of British Industry, an economist with experience in global macroeconomics, public finances and labour market economics.
There will be presentations from the Resolution Foundation, Confederation of British Industry and Tech City UK on the findings and outcomes from their research, and an opportunity for you to network with colleagues.
The event is at the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, close to Parliament Square. For more information, and to register, please visit our eventbrite page.