The UK Data Service has released a special ‘Lockdown Update’ newsletter to keep users informed of its activities during what has been an unprecedented period of crisis and upheaval.
This latest edition covers details of activities from the past six weeks and includes information on how the UK Data Service, researchers and journalists are adapting to the new reality and using data to inform responses to the emergency.
Read on to:
- find out how the UK Data Service has changed the way it operates to enable researchers to continue working during the lockdown
- access our blog on how web-scraping for COVID-19 data could help inform government policy
- discover more about a revised deadline for the UK Data Service 2020 Dissertation Award
- read more on the UK Data Service becoming an accredited data processor under the Digital Economy Act
- learn about a partnership with Understanding Society to provide monthly data on the impact of COVID-19
- look back at blog posts from the UK Data Service Data Impact Blog
- discover how data held by the UK Data Service is being used by journalists to report on the fall-out of the COVID-19 pandemic
- upskill during lockdown and book one of our key data webinars
Stay up-to-date with the latest developments at the UK Data Service and subscribe to read this and future editions.
We welcome your input – if you would like us to showcase your work you can contribute to our Data Impact Blog or submit a case study about your research.
To find out more please contact the Communications team.