In order to access non-ONS data from home, you agree to access the UK Data Service Secure Lab from home under the following conditions, and only where data owners have agreed (list of non-ONS datasets that can be accessed from home).
I understand that where projects are using data from multiple data owners, all owners and the datasets I wish to use must be listed.
- I will use an organisationally/institutionally approved method of remotely accessing my organisational/institutional office computer, and will only access SecureLab through this.
- I understand that access to SecureLab from home using data where data owners are not listed or, where I cannot meet their additional requirements listed, will constitute a breach of the existing Agreement previously agreed. I understand that any breaches may incur the penalties listed under this existing agreement. I understand that if my project uses data from multiple data owners, all owners and data must have agreed to home access and are listed accordingly.
- I confirm that the current Operating Systems of both my organisational/institutional office computer and local home computer have all recommended security updates applied. [Please keep proof of these using a screen capture of the computer updates].
- I confirm that the current Operating Systems of both my organisational/institutional office computer and local home computer have anti-virus software installed and updated. [Please keep proof of these using a screen capture of the anti-virus computer status].
- While I am remotely connected to my organisational/institutional workstation, I will not access anything else on the internet and will close down all other windows and applications.
- I can confirm that I have completed an information security awareness training course (e.g. an online institutional course/module such as ‘Information Security Essentials’ through Moodle or Blackboard), within the past 12 months. These are usually required to be taken and passed once a year by your institution. [Please keep a record. Please note that any SURE or Safe Researcher training that you have undertaken previously for SecureLab access is not considered to be ‘information security awareness’ training, for the purposes of this agreement. Please consult your IT team on suitable courses, if you are unsure.] Please enter the name of the Information Security awareness training that you undertook. Please enter the date that you completed your Information Security awareness training (dd/mm/yyyy format).
- I will ensure that my monitor is not overlooked by other people in my household when I access SecureLab from home.
- I declare that my institution/organisation has approved me to access Secure Lab from home under the same terms of the original Secure Access User Agreement.
- I understand that this is a temporary service offered by the UK Data Service and agree that I will stop accessing the SecureLab from home immediately upon cessation of this COVID-19 related service.
After you can demonstrate all the above and meet the other application criteria, please sign the Temporary working agreement.