External resources - census
As well as the tools we provide, other organisations also provide access to census data.
Longitudinal census data
CALLS-Hub provides harmonised information about the ONS Longitudinal Study, Northern Ireland Longitudinal Study and Scottish Longitudinal Study.
The following support units provide more detailed information:
- England and Wales (ONS LS): CeLSIUS
- Scotland (SLS): SLS-DSU
- Information on all three census longitudinal studies at CALLS Hub.
From the census offices
- Nomis – searchable area data for England and Wales.
- Scotland’s Census – tables, maps and charts and bulk download for Scotland.
- Statistics.gov.scot – a range of official statistics about Scotland.
- Northern Ireland Neighbourhood Information Service (NINIS) statistics and location information from a range of sources for small areas across Northern Ireland.
From other providers
- DataShine Census – 2011 Census data mapped onto recognisable street maps.
- A Vision of Britain through time – census reports, statistics and maps relating to historic censuses (from 1801).
- Synthetic population – was created using census data and microsimulation methods to generate multivariate microdata for a synthetic population with small geographies. It is available from the Consumer Data Research Centre under safeguarding.
- PopChange – compare census population data, such as deprivation, ethnicity or health, for years between 1971 to 2011, on a map of your local area.