Further intellectual property rights resources
Intellectual property rights can be a contentious and overly legal topic. For most researchers, tricky copyright issues rarely arise.
If you wish to read more on rights we have collated a number of useful resources.
- Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (c. 48)
- The Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003
- The Copyright and Rights in Databases Regulations 1997
- Reuse of Public Sector Information Directive 2003/98/EC (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- The Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- UK Copyright Law Factsheet P-01 (PDF), produced by UK Copyright Service.
- Data Sharing for Statistical Purposes; A Practitioners’ Guide to the Legal Framework, produced by The Office for National Statistics.
- Using digital media in new learning models, guide produced by Jisc.
- Copyright law, guide produced by Jisc.
- JISC/TLTP Copyright Guidelines (PDF), produced by Jisc.
- IPR and Licensing issues in Derived Data (PDF), by Naomi Korn, Charles Oppenheim and Charles Duncan.
- Intellectual Property Rights for Digital Preservation (PDF), by Andrew Charlesworth.
- UK Intellectual Property Office
- The Copyright Licensing Agency
- LACA UK Libraries and Archives Copyright Alliance
- Creative Commons
- Padfield, T. (2019) Copyright for Records Managers and Archivists, London: Facet Publishing, 6th edition.
- Pedley, P. (2019) Essential Law for Information Professionals, London: Facet Publishing, 4th edition.