Founded in 1944, The World Bank Group’s aim is poverty reduction and to improve the living standards of people in the developing world. The following five organizations that make up the World Bank Group are owned by the governments of member nations:
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- The International Development Association
- The International Finance Corporation
- The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes.
The group provides loans, policy advice, technical assistance and knowledge sharing services to low and middle income countries. It also promotes growth to create jobs and to empower poor people to take advantage of these opportunities.
We provide access to four key World Bank databases:
- World Bank World Development Indicators
- World Bank International Debt Statistics
- World Bank Africa Development Indicators
- World Bank Subnational Population Database