CESSDA Euro Question Bank 2019
About the project
The aim of this project is to develop and implement the Euro Question Bank (EQB), a central search facility across all The Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives’ (CESSDA) survey holdings.
The EQB or Social Sciences Multilingual Question Bank will be based on the DDI-Lifecycle metadata standard. A close collaboration with the CESSDA Metadata Office project will be undertaken and the Open Source Metadata Harvester tool will be further developed for this project. CESSDA Service Providers will contribute documentation from their holdings. Standardised metadata and EQB will be integrated into the CESSDA portal.
In 2019 the model and UI that has already been developed in 2018 has been be further developed, in order to enable a stable and user-friendly search service for all CESSDA survey questions on the web. 2019 focused on bringing more content into EQB. It also facilitates an integration of repository harvesters to include more formats for current EQB project members.
- Lead partner: Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (GESIS)
- UK Data Service: Anne Etheridge (until end September 2018), Jeannine Beeken
- Funder: CESSDA ERIC
- Dates: 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2019
- Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)
- Danish National Archives (DNA)
- Finnish Social Science Data Archive (FSD)
- Swiss Centre of Expertise in the Social Sciences (FORS)
- Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD)
- Swedish National Data Service (SND)
- TÁRKI Data Archive (TÁRKI)