The UK Data Service and its predecessors, including Qualidata, the first dedicated national data service for qualitative data, have helped support many international data archives in their efforts to bring in qualitative data. Many of these are part of an international professional organisation for data services known as IASSIST – the International Association for Social Science Information Services and Technology. These are shown on our data archives page.
- Australia: ADA Qualitative is part of the Australian Data Archive (ADA) and provides specialist data archiving and access services to qualitative researchers. Launched in 2010, by September 2011 it has five qualitative collections available.
- United States:
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) has been acquiring qualitative data since 2011, in addition to its significant survey collection.
- The Henry A. Murray Research Archive in the U.S., holding key longitudinal qualitative and mixed methods studies, has been running since 1976. It uses the DataVerse Network repository system to host data.
- The Qualitative Data Repository at Syracuse. hosted by the Center for Qualitative and Multi-Method Inquiry in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, is a dedicated archive for storing and sharing digital data collected through qualitative and multi-method research in the social sciences. It provides search tools to help researchers find data both within the repository as well as links to materials in other US and international archives.
- India: Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Data Service launched in 2015. While most of the data is comprehensive, national statistics, they have also welcomed contributions from universities and local repositories, collating quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods data on a range of themes.