When you have agreed on the Licence and access level to be assigned to the data collection, the data and supporting documentation can be securely transferred. Submitting materials sits outside of your account.
Submit data and documentation files
- Consult locally on your department’s or organisation’s own preferred method of data delivery.
- All data sent to us should be password-protected.
- Data files that contain sensitive or personal information must be encrypted and we recommend that they be sent via courier or special delivery.
- Data may be transferred:
- Using the University of Essex ZendTo Service, addressing the deposit to the email account “firstname.lastname@example.org” and noting the study title or depositor surname in the dropbox description.
- Or delivered via portable media, e.g. CD/DVD/memory stick.
- If you are sending sensitive or personal information, please label the files appropriately (our preferred term for labelling is ‘restricted’ but if you use another convention let us know in advance).
Keeping in touch
Please direct any correspondence about the deposit via email to the collections development team.
Please let us know if any of the contact details for the deposit change so that we can update our records.