We provide access to a wide range of social science data for reuse. To help you get the most from our service, we run free introductory level online workshops every spring and autumn to introduce different aspects of the UK Data Service.
Our training events in spring 2022 are listed below and you can also browse our events pages for a full list of what is available:
- Dissertation projects: Introduction to secondary analysis for qualitative and quantitative data, cancelled due to industrial action
- Introduction to the UK Data Service, 5 April, 10.00 – 11.30.
- Finding and accessing data from the UK Data Service, 11 April, 10.00 – 11.30.
- How to anonymise qualitative and quantitative data, 21 April, 11:00 – 12:30.
- Data Management basics: Introduction to data management and sharing, 28 April, 11.00 – 12.00.
- Data Management basics: Ethical and legal issues in data sharing, 29 April, 10.00 – 11.00.
- Depositing your data with ReShare, 5 May, 11.00 – 12.00.
- Consent issues in data sharing, 13 May, 10.00 – 11.00.
- How to become a computational social scientist, 19 May, 11.00 – 12.30.
- Introduction to copyright: Copyright and publishing, 20 May, 10.00 – 11.30.
- Getting started with secondary analysis, 24 May, 10.00 – 11.30.
- Introduction to copyright: Copyright and secondary data use, 27 May, 10 – 11.30.
Recordings of UK Data Service events are made available on our YouTube channel and, together with the slides, on our past events pages soon after the event has taken place.